You can help us in the following ways:|
Become a volunteer
WCRC requires the services of volunteers from time to time. Can you assist with the following:
- Organising games of wheelchair basketball?
- Reception duties or administrative/clerical work?
- Taking our patients on outings, e.g. to Kirstenbosch?
- Volunteering your services to gain experience as a home based carer?
- Teaching our in-patients skills/ crafts such as fabric painting, beadwork, etc.
Should you wish to offer your services to the WCRC please contact Tessa Samuels at 021 370 2351 or email Tessa.Samuels@westerncape.gov.za about current needs.
Become a Friend of the WCRC
Can you assist in the areas of:
- Public Relations
- Fund raising
- Providing entertainment to patients and staff
- Spreading goodwill
- Supporting our Facility Board
Should you wish to become a Friend of the WCRC please contact Teresa Lucas at 021 370 2313 or email Teresa.Lucas@westerncape.gov.za.
Make a donation
As most of our clients come from disadvantaged backgrounds, we always welcome assistance in the form of donations of items such as:
- Track suits, t-shirts, takkies
- toys, games, board games, sport equipment (specifically for people with disabilities)
- DVD’s, video-games, magazines, books, text books (medical, nursing and health related)
- Donate towards a project. The WCRC has several projects in need of items and equipment, such as:
- Indigenous trees and shrubs for the improvement of the grounds
- Material for Irrigation
- Gym equipment for the Health and Wellness Centre (HWC)
- Goggles, swim pets and life jackets for hydro pool activities,such as water fun, water safety and swimming.
- We have a wheelchair basket ball court in need of enclosure and toilets for use by players and visitors.